Center for Academic Excellence
The Centre for Academic Excellence (CAE) was established at Villa College on 8th May 2011 with the broad aim of ensuring and maintaining high quality in all of Villa College’s programmes and activities. CAE strives to:
- Ensure that Villa College’s Vision is shared, understood and valued.
- Ensure that the design, delivery, review and strengthening of all programmes and services are in line with the vision, mission and aspirations of Villa College.
- Ensure that every effort is made to recruit, develop and retain a well-qualified cadre of professional staff as well as administrative and support staff.
- Ensure the availability of and easy access to current, relevant and updated educational resources for the enhancement of teaching and learning.
- Develop, review and update quality assurance manuals, policies and procedures.
- Conduct academic audit of the institution on a regular basis and provide suggestions and/or recommendation to the Rector on alternative courses of action for quality enhancement.
- Systematically monitor the quality assurance arrangements at Villa College.
- Build and promote Research capacity at Villa College and ensure timely dissemination of information.
- Affiliate and collaborate with both national and international quality assurance agencies in order to obtain national accreditation and international validation, respectively, for all programmes.
- Ensure that all programmes and activities are implemented after adequate planning and prioritization.
- Ensure the practice of data-based decision making at all levels
- Ensure that timely and appropriate data is fed into Villa College’s database, which would be kept secure and updated.
- Ensure that the college environment is kept safe and conducive for both students and staff to excel in their performance, promote learning and foster innovation.
- Engage constructively with stakeholders, including alumni, for mutual benefits.