|COURSE DURATION||3 Years|
|COURSE TYPE||Undergraduate programmes|
|ACADEMIC LEVEL||BSc (Hons)|
|LEARNING MODE||Full Time|
General Entry Criteria
2 passes in A Level/HSC (At GCE A/L, a pass is considered E and above. HSC pass is considered C and above.)
2 passes in A Level/HSC (At GCE A/L, a pass is considered E and above. HSC pass is considered C and above.), and 3 O’Level/SSC passes with C grade and above.
Attainment of a Level 4 qualification in a related field
Attainment of a Level 4 Foundation Study Program approved for the specific Diploma program.
Alternative Entry Criteria
20 years old, completion of a Level 4 qualification (unrelated), and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program
· Intake: January / May / September
· Course Fee: MVR 4,450 per month (MVR 2,608 per month under the government free degree scheme)
|OTHER FACTS / COMMENTS|
On the successful completion of this programme participants will be able to have:
Knowledge and Understanding of
1. Key theories and principles for preparing and analysing financial statements
2. Key theories and techniques in management accounting and performance evaluation
3. Key theories and techniques required for the financial management of an organisation
4. Key theories, regulations and practices of governance, ethics and management of financial risk in an organisation.
5. Key external and internal factors that shape the performance of organisations and the strategic tools that are available for managers.
6. Accounting information systems and the application of technology in the collection production and evaluation of information.
|FACULTY / CENTRE||Faculty of Business Management (FBM)|
|AWARDING BODY||The University of the West of England|
The programme aims to develop technically accomplished individuals with strong theoretical and practice-based knowledge in the field of accounting. The programme is professionally-oriented with a high level of accreditation to support exemption from professional examinations. Students will be thoroughly grounded in the knowledge and applications of accounting theories and practice focusing on financial accounting, management accounting and financial management. Students will focus on the application of knowledge in a real world context, incorporating consideration of the advance in digital technologies, sustainability, ethical and regulatory developments in the changing business environment. The programme focuses on developing students as strategic decision makers, able to synthesise technical and theoretical knowledge and apply their leaning to drive business performance, resolve financial problems and work successfully in a collaborative and multicultural business environment. The Bloomberg Trading Suite gives access to the industry standard financial database for research and investment decision making. Students have the opportunity to act as business advisers through our Business Clinics, providing accounting and tax information to support new entrepreneurs, small companies and charities. The programme embeds industry guest lectures and professional body engagement at all levels of study, offering opportunities to network with potential future employers. All students are required to develop workplace skills through internships, volunteering, the sandwich placement or a study year abroad, taking one of a group of final year modules emphasising the importance of experiential activity which is CV enhancing and “real world”, engaging students beyond the campus.